What is a hydraulic lift table?
A hydraulic lift table is an ergonomic device utilized to raise, lower or tilt workloads such as pallets. They are most commonly seen in warehouse applications; however, there are hundreds of uses for lift tables in manufacturing, warehousing and distribution facilities. Some typical applications include: machine feeding and offloading, product assembly, inspection, quality control, repair, and offloading conveyors.
Lift table equipment can help increase overall efficiency in a warehouse and provide assistance and relief to the workers who are tasked with lifting heavy objects, goods or materials.
7 key advantages to using a hydraulic lift table include:
- Protection from injury: Lift tables help keep injuries at bay. They are safe to use and eliminate the chances of accidents, thereby preventing injuries or casualties to the workshop personnel.
- Stable platform: A lift table offers a stable platform, which decreases the chances of accidents.
- Adjustment of height: Their height can be adjusted per the will of the user. They can be raised and lowered as desired. Moreover, they tend to maintain their height even if there is a power failure thereby curtailing chances of accidental hazards.
- Available in a wide range: These machines are available in a wide range of lifting capacities.
- Programming: Lift tables can be programmed to perform special movements like lowering and lifting of tables.
- High range: A scissor lift enjoys a high range of vertical movement; they can be placed to level the floor and can be raised to desirable heights to lift workpieces.
- Low maintenance: Lift tables do not require any heavy maintenance costs. They are durable, long-lasting and reliable and they can be easily used for many years.
Note: It is important to take your time when selecting the right hydraulic lift table for your place of work. Not all hydraulic lift tables are designed for the same purpose, and as many manufacturing engineers can tell you, selecting the right one is essential in maintaining a safe and productive working environment.
In conclusion, the major advantage of lifts tables, and perhaps one of the most important factors when purchasing material handling equipment is safety. Investing in lift tables will not only increase productivity, but it will also work to help keep employees safe and healthy for years to come.